Saturday, February 20, 2010

Come Fly With Us

-A rapper claims that he and Mitt Romney got into a fight on an airplane. Wait, what?

-Speaking of planes, apparently an airline called "CitationAir" is a new sponsor for the program. I particularly like their name, which suggests that their airline caters to people obsessed with MLA format and nitpicky punctuation. Sign me up!

-As you've probably heard, business reporter Charles Gasparino left CNBC for Fox Business last week, and he's also appearing on Monday's program. Judging by the thousands of frenzied articles about his departure, this is a good move for him. Congrats to Mr. Gasparino.

9 comments:

The Wanderer said...

One of Imus' 5 favorite songs this week is
Ruby, baby, by DION...

So, Dion is a Facebook friend, so I posted to Dion what Imus said...

And Dion replied with the following..

"Dion Dimucci commented on...:

"WOW!!!! THIS IS A GOOD THING"

CG said...

Ha, I'm glad he's excited!

So this is random: I was watching the Winter Olympics and I just saw a commercial for NetJets. That in itself is sorta odd, because I've never seen them advertised outside of Imus.

But what REALLY made it interesting was that in the commercial, they showed the NetJet customer's credit card, and the name on the card was "John Waters." Which begs the question: Who at NetJets watches low-budget movies with trannies?

DL said...

Netflix has done a bunch of TV advertising mostly with Rodger Federer. Mostly during the US Open and on some golf.

DL said...

And also Netjets LOL!

Harold Ford, jr. said...

Imus has some great 5 favorite songs this week! This one is especially great!

CG said...

That is a great song, and it always brings back some memories of a VERY turbulent time.

Switching gears, I wonder if Gov. Paterson is going to appear on the show in the near future? He may need to, after Wednesday...

Andrew Cuomo said...

Looks like Gav. Paterson has some more explainin' to do...

FakePhyllis said...

CG --

If Paterson is a no-show on Wednesday it appears Harold Ford is available. He announced he won't run for the Senate so he probably won't be busy.

I guess he figured if he couldn't get the I-Man's vote he might as well quit. Well done, I-Man.

Harold Ford, jr. said...

I-Man hates Palin, but the I-Man really likes Gov. Paterson...hmm.

That is all you need to know about the I-Man.