Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day (Eve)

- You might want to be at the Wilbur Theatre on St. Patrick's Day morn.

- Unfortunately, Sid Rosenberg is out in Miami.

-You know what's sad about this article? It's about something that's extremely dumb and inconsequential; and yet I found it more interesting than, say, anything remotely connected to Rihanna or Chris Brown.

-Last Tuesday morning, when I was trapped at home whilst waiting for the maintenance guys, I happened to flip on the television and somehow left it on the Today Show. I watched it long enough to see Al Roker introduce a segment by smiling and saying, "Let's go to the videotape!" Blasphemy!

But I'm actually glad that I watched it that morning, because I witnessed the following exchange between Mr. Roker, Matt Lauer, and a young perky anchor who's maybe three years older than me:

Matt: Next week, the Today Show will be broadcasting live from Ireland to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

Young Anchor: Oooh! Ireland! You guys should wear kilts!



Awesome.

4 comments:

queenpat said...

For the first time ever, 77 WABC and Lumber Liquidators proudly present "IMUS AT NIGHT"

A night of comedy featuring Karith Foster, Tony Powell, Rob Bartlett and the I-MAN, with special guests "The Levon Helm Band". Come out to Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Connecticut for a hilarious night to remember on Thursday, April 16th . Your ticket admission of $100.00 includes a cocktail hour with drinks and hors d'oeuvres in the Caberet Theatre from 6:00 - 7:00pm. Show time with the cast of the program and the Levon Helm Band from 7:00 - 8:30pm!



The Imus in the Morning program will also broadcast live from the Wolf's Den at Mohegan Sun the following morning, April 17th from 6:00-10:00am. Mohegan Sun and 77 WABC are offering a special room rate of $149.00 for accommodations at the Sun the night of April 16th, so you can return the following morning to watch the I-MAN and cast of the show live!

..and of course, all profits... So, your April travel plans are all wrapped up with Rob Bartlett appearing at the Tarrytown Music Hall the 25th.

Al said...

sorry to hear that Imus has been diagnosed with Phase 2 prostate cancer...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. Queen Pat!

"The Imus Ranch for Kids with Cancer and Me." I'm sorry to hear the news as wel but confident that the Iman will receive the best of care and get cured.

Esme

CG said...

Thanks for posting that info, Pat...that sounds like a cool event. :-)

I'm also very saddened about the diagnosis...but I know he has excellent doctors, and I'm sure he has a good chance of beating this. I'm wishing all the best for him. (Well, who among us isn't...:-)