Friday, November 7, 2008

Life On The Connecticut

The Hartford Courant wrote an article about Larry Kenney and his upcoming show at the Mark Twain House in Hartford, CT. I thought you'd like to see this article, because I know that a lot of you miss Mr. Kenney and appreciate his talent. (So do I.)

It says that he "will do his interpretation of Twain," so it'll be a straight impersonation of the Father of American Literature. In other words, you won't see General Patton pouring shotgun pellets in a frog's mouth in order to keep it from jumping. And you won't see Greg the Gay Fashion Designer scream at Tom Sawyer for painting the fence "an awful shade of beige." Still, though, it sounds fun.

And if you want to know about the Imus scenario, here it is:

Q: How is Don Imus doing?

A: We don't stay in touch except for a Christmas card and an invitation to his fundraiser at his ranch. As far as him losing his show, I think he got a bum rap and it was a terrible situation. I know that to this day he feels horrible about what happened. I was kind of winding down on the show then and was on vacation when it all happened, which was a good thing because I didn't get tied up in it.

6 comments:

Queenpat said...

Larry Kenney is a good guy, very gracious to his fans, many of whom wrote to him after he was tossed off Imus. Larry held no grudge, and said his best time during the whole Imus gig was meeting his fans. I can say one of my best times from Imus was meeting Larry. :)

Queenpat said...

http://www.amazon.com/Carnival-Crime-Spencer-Library-Twain/dp/1562680048

Looks like Larry has done this before.

Mike said...

So what was the deal with Larry getting booted, anyway? I never heard why he was never asked back after that one appearance.

CG said...

Wow! That is really awesome, Pat, and I didn't know that he had done this before.

Mike, I wish I knew...

Sorry I have been a bit behind on the site...I will have a new post in a day or two, I promise.

Queenpat said...

If Larry knows, he's taking the high road and not telling...but it's noted many fans are naming TWO reasons.

Al said...

And, those 'TWO' reasons are part of Imus' agenda, no?

Well. Kinky and Deirdre do say that Imus is 'agenda' driven...