Wednesday, October 8, 2008

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover...Usually

Jack Jacobs' book comes out tomorrow, and it looks like a great read. I especially like its cover. I assume it was inspired by a publisher who mused, "This is a great book, but I'm afraid that women won't like it - it's very heavy on the military. How can we get them to buy it?" Then another publisher said, "Hey! I know!"

Also: when you search for this book on Amazon, be sure to get the one called "If Not Now, When?" Don't get the one about the doomsday time machine.

-In other news, the show is apparently #5 in New York, which is beyond awesome.

10 comments:

Al said...

#5? nifty.
...see what a mature Imus can do!

..and speaking of mature, Mad Dog Russo just went on an anti-Yankee rant...Francesa would have been proud of Doggie!

Mad Dog Unleashed is becoming addictive radio...lol

dee said...

CG, thanks for the link to the ratings article - and the links to the 2 Jacobs books were hysterical.
I'm so happy WABC is doing well.

I always appreciate your great writing and sense of humor, and even when I don't post I'm always reading. Keep them coming!

Al said...

Imus wondered why Phil Boyce quit?

Boyce probably quit because he realized that there is no future in AM radio...

Laree said...

I already bought my copy of Col Jack Jacob's book. I read military history all the time, I have an assortment. I am a family historian and genealogist so that is probably the appeal, not a bare chested young Army Officer, holding a powerful weapon:) How can I get my book signed?

Oh did I mention, I am a happily married woman, to a man who wore the Army uniform, for over 27 years.

GO ARMY, ARMY IN THE HOUSE!

Mike said...

Maybe Deirdre should take some notes from this cover for her next book :)

CG said...

Well, the Col. wouldn't be the first person to sell books by showing some skin...;-)

Just kidding, of course. He's an amazing guy, a true hero...and besides, if I ever cut him off in traffic, I wouldn't want him chasing me down in a fit of rage, like the I-Man claims he would. :-)

Fake Cardinal Egan, bejeez. said...

Trump on Imus on Friday!

CG said...

Sweet! I'll be looking forward to that. Trump is excellent.

What are everyone's thoughts on the guests this week, so far?

Queenpat said...

What guests?

Al said...

Imus is happy at Citadel...

Howard Kurtz is right...Imus is TOO happy...he's lost his edge...

Remember when Imus used to stay up late?...


lol