Saturday, September 20, 2008

Country Music

The Ranch Record continues to do well - it's still #2 on Amazon and is a hit on Itunes as well. And according to Itunes, the most popular song from the album is Levon Helm's "You Better Move On," followed closely by Lucinda Williams' version of "Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys."

Speaking of country music: You know that McCain song by John Rich? The one they've played a few times on the show? The other day I asked myself, "'Raising McCain?' What does that even mean?" Yes, I know it's a pun on the famous phrase, but still: how does one "raise" McCain? Is he like a crop? Do we water him and nurture him? Will he ripen in November?

Inquiring minds want to know.

5 comments:

Queenpat said...

Yes. Just don't plant him too deep.

Al said...

Not sure how one raises McCain, but out here in New Mexico, for example, lotsa country folk say CAIN'T instead of CAN'T...

So, the new name for some anti-McCain people in Santa Fe is McCain't...

ain't you glad you AIN'T in Santa Fe?!

Laree said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mike said...

Hmm, I guess I tacitly "raisin' McCain" to mean raising hell.

In any event, I play it whenever my weenie liberal card-carrying Communist roommate gets out of line!

CG said...

Well-"played," Mike. ;-)