Saturday, March 1, 2008

Not Dead Yet

Leave it to me to be swamped with work on a week when something actually happens.

I didn't really miss much...only the return of Cardinal Egan. I nearly screamed out for joy when I heard he was back, and I know I wasn't the only one. I'd been missing him since last Good Friday, when he made what many false prophets deemed his swan song. And if that wasn't awesome enough, we also saw the return of Kinky Friedman, Pigs Feet, and a guy named Fred. Each of these three have a fanbase of their own - I think that a lot of fans may like them more than Imus himself.

There is one bit of unsettling news, namely that two of WABC's beloved personalities have been fired due to budget problems. This makes me sad, as I know that a lot of listeners love John Gambling and George Weber, and I know what it feels like to have my favorite radio show yanked from me for no good reason. I hope they find employment soon.

Finally, I have been informed that on yesterday's program, a certain sportscaster pulled a Chippendales live on the air. What troubles me most is that, if you watch the following clip montage, you will see that same sportscaster has a history of this behavior. Someone needs to stage an intervention.

5 comments:

Bruce said...

The College Girl doesn't miss a thing.

Thank you. Imus is doing GRRRRREAT!

donaldinks said...

Great post! What a GREAT week for the I-Fans out there!

Al said...

The worse it gets for WABC and ABC Radio FINANCIALLY, the more comfortable Imus seems to be...

Fred, The Cardinal, a topless Warner and the Kinkster, ALL in the same week that WABC announces that they are having 'budget' problems...

laree said...

College Girl,

It is a good thing friday was leap year?

http://chickaboomer.blogspot.com/2008/02/black-friday-citadel-gores-core-more.html

CollegeGirl said...

They seem to be getting better and better, even if their station seems to be going through a rough spot. The show is light-years better now than it was in early December.