Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bob Ross Has Issues


Remember Bob Ross? He was the popular artist who painted landscape portraits on his Saturday afternoon PBS show. He was known for his gentle manner, his catchphrases for objects in his paintings ("happy little trees"), and his brilliant portraits that were created in thirty minutes.

A few years ago, Rob Bartlett parodied Mr. Ross during his Emmy-winning "Rob Bartlett's Not For Profit TV Special" program. And let's just say that Bartlett's Mr. Ross is slightly more deranged. Also, judging by the fact that this clip has almost 400,000 hits on Youtube, I'd say that he's also slightly funnier.

6 comments:

Al said...

Rob "Bob" Bartlett rules!

and speaking of Bob,

how long will it be before Bob, the fill-in sports guy freaks out?

I don't think Bob is gonna make it for 2 1/2 weeks, filling in for Warner...Imus will shoot him, or something...

Al said...

That wasn't Bob Ross doing sports today on Imus in the Morning, was it?

and...

Bernard is all HOT for Hillary...

Dee said...

Bernard always says he wants Hillary to be nominated because he thinks a Republican can beat her. I don't agree - why take the chance? I really don't think I could stomach having the Clintons back in the White House - I'm so sick of Bush and the Clintons!

Rob Bartlett is hilarious - loved the video.

laree said...

This is my alter ego, I can't believe George Soros copped it.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/01/23/msm-tools-spread-soros-propaganda/

Al said...

Soros is that rich guy, no?

how come he ain't been on with Imus, like Carville, Cavuto and Cavett?

Imus a terrific interviewer!

laree said...

al,

Soros won't go on just any show,I think I have seen him interviewed once. They say his money gets poured indirectly into all kinds of orgs.