Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Last Goodbye

On today, Imus Eve, I thought you might enjoy listening to this...

It's Imus' "Farewell Show" from October 7, 1987, right before his station switched stations to WFAN.

Charles is there, reading the news. Incidentally, his top story from that day will either make you laugh or make you cry. I'm not sure which one to do myself.

Still, despite this being an Important Day, Imus doesn't really understand why everyone wants him to say farewell. "After all, when you turn on your radio on Monday, I'll still be here."

Imus in the Morning's Last Day On WNBC - October 7, 1987

5 comments:

Esme said...

Thanks, CollegeGirl, for a great blog. I've been reading it for some time. You always have the best information, and you have a great sense of humor. I can't wait until six a.m.

imusfan said...

CollegeGirl,

Thanks - great listen. I LAUGHED at the irony when I heard the news, but now I want to cry because that was the day a certain butthole should haved faded into obscurity (or gone to jail) and instead he's still being taken seriously 20 years later.

Al said...

College Girl, you're hoping the new team member will be someone who's been visible on Comedy Central?

Well, that would qualify Tony Woods....(posting the link again, in case anyone missed it the first time)

channelXRFR said...

'Twas the night before Imus, when all through the house

Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

The tickets were hung by the chimney with care,

In hopes that Imus soon would be here;

.... "Happy Imus to all, and to all a good-night."

CollegeGirl said...

Esme - thank you so much. That's very sweet of you - I really appreciate it. :-)

Imusfan - that is EXACTLY the reaction I had! (First laughter, then wanting to cry.) I guess a good way to look at it would be that tomorrow morning, he will be foiled once again...just as he was in Charles' news report 19 years ago. Some things never change.

Al, thanks for Tony Woods. You never know...

And Channelxrfr, that is ho-larious. Good job. :-)