Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday Morning News

A few important news items today.

One is buried in an article from the Boston Herald about turmoil in that city's morning radio. It reports that the show will not go into syndication until January. So if you haven't ordered satellite television for RFD, or haven't figured out how to stream WABC from the Internet, do so now. (If anybody wants to know how, just post something in the comments or email me.)

The article also says that radio station WTKK has "lost listeners" since Imus's departure. Really? Last April, article after article insisted to me that Imus was "irrelevant." I guess not, huh?

Switching gears, Bob Raissman's column in today's New York Daily News has some, uh, "interesting" rumors. I would quote directly from the article, but since it is the Daily News it is full of hideous little puns that annoy me. So I'll summarize:

Word on the street is that Imus is hiring two (!) black women (!!?!!?!!!). Oh, and he scrapped Warner Wolf for them, too. So Warner's not coming back.


OK then...

5 comments:

Al said...

2 Black sistahs? well, should be interesting!

and, I can't get satellite because trees block the satellite signal to where I live...

and Web streaming from WABC takes forever to load and then it does too much of the 'buffering' thing...so, I'm down to option number 3...

Will there be any sameday written transcripts of the Imus in the Morning show?

CollegeGirl said...

I would call my local satellite company and ask them about the trees and installation. Satellite TV technology has improved so much over the past few years. They could likely work around it.

laree said...

I love Imus has an interesting blog covering Tim Russert and his opinions on Imus coming back.

http://www.iloveimus.com/2007/11/russert-speaks-which-imus-is-coming.html

I don't care what Tim Russert thinks!!!

channelXRFR said...

Hey al,

Think about having a tree service come by and trim those trees. Experienced services understand just how much trimming is required. A DirecTV hint - only worry about the satellites around 100 degrees. Forget about the others out at 110 and 119. There is some High Def (HD) programming out at the edges, but all the Standard Def TV (SDT) and new HD programming is grouped around 100!

Streaming tip: WABC works best with Microsoft Media, latest versions here; Player...http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/AllDownloads.aspx?displang=en&qstechnology=

Also depending on the performance of your computer you may have to lay off browsing and email during the broadcast...

Imus has a great eye for talent, looking forward to the "new and improved program"!

CollegeGirl said...

Yeah, Laree, I hope Tim NEVER comes back. I hope that Charles' snubbing him was the last time they'll be in contact.

ChannelXRFR - THANK YOU for that helpful information. You went into a lot more detail than I did. Thanks a lot