Saturday, November 3, 2007

He's No Arthur Godfrey, But Who Else Is On?

The New York Times, Take 2.

Peter Applebome writes a thoughtful article about the Imus comeback and the current state of radio. It's good reading.

My favorite passage:

I’m not a member of Imus’s club. My only brush with him came when he lambasted me for a few days a lot more vigorously than he did the Rutgers women. (Long story. It was all schtick.)

I think you can explain a lot of Imus in the Morning behavior that way. It was all schtick.

3 comments:

laree said...

College Girl,

Supportimus org is posting the article up by Dick Cavett, and it is open for discussion on the website.

I don't know how one would get ahold of Mr Cavett, to let him know not everyone is being able to respond and comment to his article. We are being censored, why? Supportimus org has the article up so people can respond and comment with no censorship.

Old Media NYT-Jayson Blair Times, is going to make itself irrelavent.

CollegeGirl said...

Laree, I wish I knew a way. Maybe we could write to his publishing company? Or a snail mail letter to Cavett, c/o the Times? There should be a way.

I checked back this morning, and they had allowed a few more positive comments. I wish I knew how the comments moderation process works at the Times.

laree said...

College Girl,

Take a look at Mr Cavett's article the comments started being added today.