Saturday, October 20, 2007

Let's Hope He Does the "Seven Dirty Words" Routine

One date (George Carlin)'s looking forward to is a radio appearance with another New York icon, Don Imus, when Imus returns to the airwaves in December.

"'It was inappropriate,'" Carlin says of the remarks about the Rutgers women's basketball team that cost Imus his radio and TV gigs. "But it was a disproportionate reaction for a moment in a 30-year career. It's what this country does - reacts with imperfect solutions.

"I'd told him I want to be one of the first guests."

5 comments:

CollegeGirl said...

Ugh. Blogger isn't letting anyone upload images right now. Sorry that it looks so plain at the moment. Will fix soon.

laree said...

College Girl,

I just quoted George Carlin, yesterday on ICN the CNN'S Planet in Peril, with all the Pretty Guys up for a photo opp. I mentioned what Carlin stated, about the Earth in one of his routines, if the Earth wanted to get rid of us it would shake us off like fleas or something to that effect. I thought how astute but also if you think about it "Al Gore" are you reading? If you think about it, it is like well, yeah DUH! Man so far has not been able to control Nature, even through our BAD behavior. Mother Earth will still be here and spinning, long after we are all, sorry to say, Dust in the Wind.

Al said...

The I-wanna-be-one-of-the-first-guests line is beginning to form...

George Carlin and Bob Kerry are in line...

Anyone else?

CollegeGirl said...

Laree - George Carlin is hilarious. I love him. What's funny is that most people my age first learned of him when he played "Mr. Conductor," an 18-inch talking train conductor, in the PBS kids show "Shining Time Station." I used to wonder why my dad would laugh ironically every time he saw George Carlin on a children's show. Later, I learned why...

CollegeGirl said...

Al, they will be coming out in droves from now until December. "You know, he DID say he was sorry, so I'll go on, even though I was so horribly offended when he said those words..." etc. Yeah, right.

But that's OK. The important thing is that he's getting guests.