Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Dangers of Head Trauma

Random questions for the day:

-At first, I was really disappointed in reading an anti-Imus article quoting some extremely ignorant professors. But then I realized, dude. The professors they quoted were from the American Studies and (Heaven forbid) the anthro/sociology departments, where, traditionally, the political views range from "Chavez" to "Stalin." Seriously, Newsday, why can't you interview professors from the economics or engineering departments?

-If I disagree with the National Organization for Women, does that make me...a man?

-Am I the only one who sees the hilarious irony in free speech being suppressed...by journalists?

- What in the world is going on in Wednesday's show summary of Curtis and Kuby? One explanation is that the show summaries are sponsored by Nissan, so perhaps this is just poorly translated from Japanese:

The big story on the show today was the fact that Fred Thomson participated in his first debate yesterday. Fred Thomas started off slow but by the end of the debate he made his presence felt. Both Ron and Curtis agreed that even though Fred Thomas’s performance was not spectacular, he performed well enough and did not make any mistakes.

Apparently Fred Thompson was so boring in the GOP debates that people can't even remember his name.

And I REALLY don't know what to make of the next excerpt:

There is an ordinance in Westchester county that is purposing that adults will have to wear helmets when they ride bicycles just like their children have to. Ron was very surprised that Curtis was in favor of the ordinance. Curtis, who has experienced lots of head trauma, believes that helmets are important & would certainly help prevent injuries.

Good to know...

10 comments:

Al said...

Meanwhile, back at the Ranch..

Really has become hilarious...

Imus is probably amused by all of the attention by now...

Comments from a 67 yr old Cowboy can certainly stir up a little hornet's nest, no?...


lol

Bruce said...

Oh College Girl you just make things feel O.K.

But don't think we are going to get an official release from Citadel Broadcasting on the Imus schedule.

I am just beating my head against the wall regarding why the nay-sayers are calling Don Imus a racist.

Then I guess we all are.

Good weekend to you

Al said...

I wouldn't be surprised if Citadel makes an 'official' announcement about Imus, like, 5 minutes before he goes on the air...

Hopefully, Neil Best, or someone, will get the scoop before then and let us know all the juicy details...

CollegeGirl said...

Thanks, guys.

I really don't understand either why people are getting so riled up about this. Surely there are more racist things out there? Besides, there is solid proof out there that he isn't a racist. I will never understand why MSNBC and CBS gave away one of their most valuable assets, when they had proof that he was not this horrible monster. (Well, yes, I do know why - it was because the advertising pulled out. But I can't help but wonder if they wouldn't return after the two-week suspension.)

I hope the announcement comes on Monday. And yes, it would be amazing if it came right before airtime.

imusfan said...

As for the advertisers, I'm sure Proctor & Gamble had another beef with Imus - namely, he and Deidre hawking her cleaning products on the air. I don't use any P&G products any more - I don't really expect them to come back, but I'm sure lots of others will.

Gotta get back to the Rutgers game...

Al said...

Rutgers? Rutgers must have bad karma now, in light of what happened in April...they've lost 2 close games already this year.

And if the announcement comes Monday, College Girl, would that mean Imus will be on the air Wednesday?!

Radio station people are usually so f-ing secretive when they're in the process of making programming changes...then about 2 days before the changes go into effect they announce 'Clues' that changes are coming, and all us listeners try to guess what the changes are...lol

I'm surprised that we ALREADY know as much as we do about Imus and the WABC situation.

CollegeGirl said...

Imusfan, you make a good point about Proctor and Gamble vs. the Green the Clean products. I think that's something we need to consider when we assess why P&G boycotted. I rarely trust a company who claims to pull its advertising because it's suddenly all altrustic. There's always business involved.

That being said...congrats on the 38-14 win! :-)

CollegeGirl said...

Al, I'm surprised too...though I'm glad they're leaking the news! :-)
I would love it if he were on the air in four days.

Interestingly, the headline on Drudge read awhile ago that Imus could be back within "weeks." At first I dismissed it because I thought that was just a confirmation of the December date. But now I realize that it could be sooner...

laree said...

College Girl,

I honestly think that Media Matters and other Democrat Arms, like Kos, and Move On, got their hooks into MSNBC, and to some degree CBS. MSNBC except for maybe Tucker Carlson, has become a Democrat Propaganda Outlet, as far as I can tell to Get Hillary Clinton elected President. I don't see how these Networks get operated this way because if they were being run like Businesses, their ratings and advertizing dollars would be higher. There are shareholders involved because GE owns NBCU. I would have unloaded this turkey months ago, I don't know why GE doesn't sell them off.

If this speculation is true, Imus does not fit the MSNBC or CBS format to get Hillary Clinton elected to President of the United States. We know Imus's position on Satan.

If you look at the groups that are calling for Imus to be BANNED in AMERICA, they are all the usual suspects. Media Matters,Move On,Daily Kos, NABJ, NOW. These Special Interest Groups are political, and using the sound bite NHH as their excuse to keep Imus off the Air. The Thing is they can't really stop him. Imus is keeping his mouth shut from Choice, he Doesn't have to keep his mouth shut. I believe he has probably gotten all kinds of offers for Interviews, at which time all he has to do is open his mouth and people will LISTEN.

Protesting against Imus just makes more publicity for his return, and it is futile because he has all different kinds of avenues open to him to get his MESSAGE Out.

The opposition to Imus, are very obvious, not subtle in their machinations.

Save Imus said...

Get your "I Love Imus" shirts, hats, buttons, stickers and more at:


www.cafepress.com/SaveImus


THE I-MAN RETURNETH!!!!