Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Quickies




Just a few short updates, before I get back to those trivial things known as "friends" and "schoolwork:"

  • “Boomer and Carton in the Morning” is debuting tomorrow, in case you forgot. The headline to Newsday's article about the show repeats the same “Boomer Hits the FAN” pun that we’ve seen in several other headlines. People, is it really that classy to compare Boomer to a piece of shit?


  • I’ve had a lot of people ask me about the future supporting cast of “Boomer and Carton” - specifically whether it will include, initially or permanently, former Imus cast members Charles McCord, Lou Rufino, and Rob Bartlett. The short answer: I don’t know. The ‘FAN knows, but they’re making us wait until tomorrow to find out. It was confirmed awhile ago in a NYTimes article that McCord will eventually join Imus. (I know - what a shocker.) But everyone is keeping mum about the futures of Rufino and Bartlett. As of this afternoon, the bios of all three men are still up on the WFAN website. I’ll check again later tonight.


  • (By the way, it disturbs me that the names of the “Boomer and Carton” supporting cast have been a better-kept secret than the Harry Potter ending.)


  • There’s supposed to be an extremely moving documentary about the Imus Ranch that airs on RFD-TV tonight, at 7 PM EST. You probably know about this already, but I think it bears repeating.


Anyway, if anyone bothers to listen to Boomer and Carton tomorrow morning, please post your thoughts. (Keep them relatively civil.) Until then, I hope that your Labor Day evening is as busy and enjoyable as mine.

1 comment:

laree said...

College Girl,

It was a very good specialon the Imus Ranch for Children with Cancer and Blood Disorders. Many of
us have written to RFDTV and thanked them for broadcasting the Imus Ranch Special. I emailed and got a prompt reply. I am reminded that when I emailed CBS, MSNBC Capus or Kaplan I got NO response to my emails. It feels good to be appreciated.

Anyone who wants to reach RFDTV and give feedback. This is the email I used.

Patrick@rfdtv.com